Certificate of Origin
A certificate of origin is a document that certifies the country from where the goods originated. It is required by the government of the country where your goods are imported. It’s also frequently used to determine how much duty the importer will pay to bring in one’s goods; making it one of the most important documents in international trade.
There are two types of Certificate of Origin namely the preferential and non-preferential. The preferential CoOs imply there will be a concession in customs tariff on Indian imports to other countries whereas non-preferential ones do not enjoy such concessions.
India-Arab Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture have been authorized by Government of India to issue ‘non-preferential certificate of origin’ to Indian exporters doing business in twenty-two Arab countries.
The exporters willing to obtain the certificate of origin from the chamber can avail this facility at six attestation centers of the chamber in Delhi (Further details to be furnished) after executing an indemnity bond in chamber’s favor. The attestation centers are open from 10.00 am to 05.00 pm on all working days.
1. All documents are to be submitted with a forward letter on company’s letterhead.
2. While submitting the Certificates of Origin, please take care of the following
3. Certificates should be in the proper format (blank forms available at the Chamber’s Counter).
4. Full address of the consignor and the consignee should be legibly typed.
5. The Certificates or other documents should be duly signed with the designation of the signatory clearly stated.
6. The company’s stamp/seal should be affixed.
7. Please note that the Chamber retains a copy of any document authenticated/attested by it for its record.
8. A copy of the Invoice should be invariably attached for authentication/attestation purposes.
9. The Chamber charges Rs. (amount including GST to be fixed of EC)/- for a single set of documents (excluding the Chamber’s copy of record) to its members.
10. Non-members can avail attestation facility at (amount including GST to be fixed of EC)/-.
11. Sufficient space should be left on the front-side of the documents for affixing Chamber’s seal and signatures of the authorized signatory.